Hair Maintenance for Curly hair
When maintaining curly hair do not use heavy oil products or excessive products on curly hair, it will cause matting. Instead use a light serum.
- Brushing or combing curly hair when dry will it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle.
- Shampoo & condition once every 1- 2 weeks using a good quality sulfate-free shampoo or moisturizing shampoo & a good moisturizing conditioner.
- Wash hair in 2 sections one section at a time & be sure not to massage the hair.
- Detangle hair with a wide tooth comb while conditioner is still on hair from ends to roots. Leave conditioner on for at least 10 minutes & then rinse thoroughly.
- Scrunch hair gently to enhance the curls & add leave in conditioner. ( We recommends Cream of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo & conditioner.
- When damp, apply a dime size of an anti-frizz alcohol free hair serum and a nickel size amount of curl cream or Mousse. We recommend (Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream & Aussie Sprunch Mousse/leave in).
- Let air-dry
- Before going to bed, put your hair in one big high ponytail (pineapple method), wear a satin scarf or bonnet.
- In the morning (if needed) Lightly Spray hair with a water bottle mixed with a leave-in conditioner to dampened hair and comb through section by section using a wide tooth (this is only needed if hair needs a refresher between washes).
- Scrunch gently.
- Let air-dry.
- Do not touch when wet. This causes the hair to get big and frizzy